Everton offer Darron Gibson two years contracts



Everton midfielder Darron Gibson thanked the club for assisting him through "a rough few years" after signing a two-year contract extension.

The Republic of ireland worldwide, who joined Everton from Manchester United in January 2012, has struggled with injuries and poor kind, making just 17 superior League appearances in his final three seasons.


The 28-yr-historical was rumoured to be searching for a mortgage transfer final time period and admitted he had offers from different golf equipment, but is relieved to be staying at Goodison Park.

"i am surely delighted," he told evertontv. "I had a number of options but as long as Everton were giving me the choice I was never going wherever else.

"people say, 'as soon as Everton has touched you,' and it is proper. It's a quality club, there are excellent folks right here and the dressing room is great, so I used to be under no circumstances signing anywhere else.

"certainly i've had a hard few years however thankfully the club have stuck by way of me and i've signed for a different two years, so expectantly the subsequent two years go a lot better.

"The lovers are incredible and it's a great club. Signing for Manchester United 4-and-a-1/2 years ago was a high-quality transfer for me and i'm delighted to commit my future here.

"the primary 12 months I came, I had a great season however definitely the relaxation i have been injured really a bit. Final yr I was once fit however didn't play too much, so it's excellent to know the club and the fans are still in the back of me.

"There have been highs and lows. I just want to put the earlier at the back of me and appear ahead to the next two years."

Gibson, who has performed 68 instances for Everton, is optimistic that the club can development subsequent season and he's looking forward to sharing his experience with the talented crop of younger gamers who appeared in Everton's three-zero win over Norwich metropolis on the final day of 2015-sixteen.

He said: "The final recreation of the season was once excellent with the younger lads coming in and doing very well. It is an pleasing time forward and each person might be influenced to push on and do as good as we very likely can."

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »